Saturday’s are a mixed emotion for me. I struggle with how to enjoy a day off and still complete as many chores as possible. This morning I decided to mix business with pleasure and triple task. The plan was threefold:
– enjoy the calm and breezy summer morning
– walk 3 miles to the bank instead of driving
– get in some exercise and tone my legs
It was a great idea but as I got to my halfway point, I thought of another task I should have completed before leaving the house. It occurred to me as the skies opened up and left me walking in a downpour and flip-flops. I could’ve checked the weather app.
Now I’m feeling down, pouring myself a coffee and admitting my plan was a flop.
– The walk wasn’t a breeze or calming.
– One can bank on the fact that my cold cash is now wet.
– I need to set a new tone for the day.
My work is never done.